The 3dMDface System was delivered to its first customer in 1999 and even though it is now on its third generation, many of the original first generation systems remain in daily use at customer sites around the world. We are happy to say that these systems are still actively supporting long term research initiatives and routinely providing 3D images of the patient’s reaction to treatment allowing the treating physician to monitor progress. Tens of thousands of people have been documented with the 3dMDface System throughout their treatment cycle and/or at various stages of growth. In medical as well as the dental worlds, the 3dMDface System is now considered the standard reference system for 3D anthropometric analysis. To date, it has been featured in scores of scientific publications and conference presentations around the world.
The current 3dMDface System is designed to be compact and very robust. Many of these systems are regularly transported as standard airline luggage to remote locations and treatment facilities around the world. This robustness easily translates to looking at home in the practice and/or clinic. Its simple but practical design allows to it to tuck away quite easily on the wall to minimize space.
3dMD has combined quality software engineering with state-of-the-art, industrial-grade hardware components, which are constructed to rigorous quality inspection and performance testing standards, to ensure image quality and consistency over time in high-throughput environments. With more than 1,200-plus camera units supplied around the world, the 3dMDface System is exceptionally reliable. In the rare event of an operational issue, our technicians can diagnose remotely and the situation can be rectified within hours. The 3dMDface system comes with a very simple user calibration routine allowing the camera alignment to be confirmed in a couple of minutes. Even after traveling thousands of miles, the 3dMDface System is effective in compensating for any type component movement. The system is supplied with very powerful but easy to use application software facilitating the storage, analysis and comparison of images. The system is designed for ease of upgradability and further modular units can be added as field modification.
- Uses a non-invasive imaging technique for high-precision anatomical documentation
- Supports surgical and treatment planning
- Supports the monitoring and refinement of a patient’s reaction to treatment and/or therapeutic devices
- Provides an objective foundation for quantifying patient outcomes
- Facilitates more effective patient and colleague communications
- Provides an alternative to correct facial surface information on 3D radiographs
A natural companion to CT/CBCT initiatives, 3dMD images register 1:1 to address CBCT surface artifacts caused by patient movement during the duration of the scan; allow compensation for soft tissue compression from CBCT stabilization aids (i.e. chin cup); eliminate the effect of soft tissue draping from supine devices; and supplement any missing anatomical data (i.e. nose). More importantly, 3dMD enables you to accurately document the patient’s natural head position and multiple facial expressions noninvasively throughout the treatment cycle.
- Coverage: 180-degree face capture (ear-to-ear)
- Capture speed: ~1.5 milliseconds at highest resolution…ideal for children
- Geometry Generation: One continuous point cloud produced from the two stereo camera viewpoints, which eliminates the data errors associated with merging / stitching data sets together
- Geometry Accuracy:
- Range of color texture resolutions
- Small footprint and wall-mount option
- PC and laptop configurations available
- Easy and economical upgrade path to the 3dMDcranial™ System